Thank you BILTRIX for nominating 1catholicsalmon for the ‘Very Inspiring Blog Award’. I admit to feeling a little nervous accepting this award, but also very satisfied that the powers that be at BILTRIX deem this blog to be inspirational. There is much value added to the receipt of the award simply because it’s been offered from a blog with authors who wear the white collar! Somehow there’s added meaning to it.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. (as my blog selection is not very wide, I will find this guideline difficult to fulfil, but I’ll do my best!)
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 things about myself:
- I want the experience of painting an Icon.
- I find small-talk difficult.
- I laugh at slap-stick comedy
- I hate hearing anyone crunch nearby.
- I enjoy debates and discussion
- I am forthright and honest
- I love Mediterranean food
The 1catholicsalmon nominations for the very inspiring blogger awards are:
- Steve Gershom @ http://www.stevegershom.com/ He’s Catholic, Gay, and feeling fine, thanks! An amazing blog that moves me every time I read it.
- Transformed in Christ @ http://transformedinchrist.wordpress.com/ a catechetical blog, with loads of useful information.
- iBenedictines @ http://www.ibenedictines.org/ This is a blog written by Benedictine nuns from Holy Trinity Monastery, formerly of East Hendred, now at Howton Grove Priory, U.K. They prefer to call themselves cloistered rather than enclosed because the word ‘enclosed’ may suggest a closed mind. They have a special interest in using contemporary technology to reach out to people who would never otherwise come to the monastery.
- The Philosopher Mom @ http://philosophermoms.blogspot.co.uk/ Gems can be unearthed at this blog.
- Aliens in this world@ http://suburbanbanshee.wordpress.com/ Inspirational posts galore!
- Happy Catholic@http://happycatholic.blogspot.co.uk/ Great.
- Salvation history@ http://www.salvationhistory.com/ Can’t be matched.
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on August 6, 2012
Reader Appreciation Award.
This evening I was happy to learn that 1catholicsalmon was nominated for this prestigious award — The Reader Appreciation Award — from super-blogger BILTRIX !
What a pleasant surprise and I see it as a real compliment, as I am really particular about the blogs that I read in-depth and in turn, take the time to comment on. BILTRIX is an informative, Spirit-filled blog with many inspirational and educational posts. It’s a blog that shares information on cultural apologetics for the New Evangilisation. Do make your way there sometime soon. Sincere thanks for your support and the sharing of this award BILTRIX.
Now the rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Add a picture of the award to your blog post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 5-10 other Bloggers and inform those selected that they have been nominated.
Now, in appreciation to all readers of 1catholicsalmon, I wish I could nominate you all.
I am going to include blogs in the following list that are ones that I comment on every now and then but read on a daily basis. The administrators of the blogs are the ones that read my blog and comment from time to time. To these bloggers I say, ‘Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.’
The nominees for the coveted Reader Appreciation Award are:
- The Foraging Squirrel – (Catholic Christian) Light, refreshing, different, creative.
- The Reluctant Road to Rome – (Catholic Christian) Detailed, concise, honest, sincere.
- Cristian Mihai – (Author)- Inspirational and interesting.
- Khamneithang – (Christian) An amazing way with words and imagery. Written by a single father. A must see.
- Public Catholic– Front line hot- off-the-press Catholic witness.
- Bucketlist publications-An exciting blog about travel, adventure, & new experiences.
To all of you who read this blog: THANK YOU ! (To the followers of 1catholicsalmon, please introduce yourselves.)
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on August 1, 2012