An unexpected , greatly appreciated thumbs-up!!
I received a rousing ‘Thumb’s Up’ from two super-bloggers whom I follow diligently on a daily basis. Thank you both 8 Kids and a Business and BILTRIX for your loyalty and heads-up!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen — there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required — and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award —http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group — click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award — please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award — and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes — that’s right — there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once — this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ’1 star’ award — and every time you are given the award by another blog — you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs — and even if they have already been given the award by someone else — you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
The Nominees for the 2012 Blog of the Year Award from 1catholicsalmon are:
- 8Kids and a Business: Visit this here to enjoy Catholic food for thought and inspiration which includes well-seasoned Christian values. Thank you 8KAAB for your comments and outstanding Catholic reading in 2012. I look forward to your posts in 2013. Thank you too for posts written from the heart.
- The Salmon’s dedicated mentor, most faithful supporter and follower who made time to comment on posts at 1Catholicsalmon during it’s fledgling year on the web, not only with flair and wit , but with the definite sense of camaraderie and encouragement. Thank you!: BILTRIX- visit here if you want a delicious recipe for mulled wine, as well as sound, Catholic cultural apologetics for the New Evangelisation.
- Catholic Pure and Simple: Only generic ingredients of Catholicism used in this kitchen!
- Reinkat: Adding beauty and creativity to the Faith.
- Fra Angelico Institute for the Sacred Arts: Its mission is to deepen the prayer life of it’s participants by evangelising the truth, goodness and beauty of God through the understanding and creation of sacred art.
- Rebecca Hamilton at Patheos: Shoots straight from the hip. Excellent aim. Never misses.
- Teresa Rice at Catholiclibertarian: The Truth as it is.
- MyHopeBox: This box is filled with good things.
- Foragingsquirrel: FUN, talent, ENTERTAINING, sincere.
- Gracie’s Quest: A quest worth fighting for.
- Therainyview: Fresh and uplifting.
- Catholicteenapologetics: Where love of Church meets love of blogging: this from a teenager! What more could you wish for?
- Catholic cravings: A journey from Protestantism to Catholicism.
- The Lonely Pilgrim: A Christian’s Road Home to Rome and Journey Onward: excellent posts.
- Shalom Mystic Wind: Strategies of sowing Faith pathways of Christian living- an Ecumenical outreach. Detail and depth.
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on December 31, 2012
The Lonely Pilgrim nominated 1catholicsalmon for the Liebster Blog Award some time ago. (I apologise Lonely Pilgrim for my tardiness at getting back to you on this privileged nomination.)
Liebster is German for “dearest.” And today I wanted to dedicate this award to you, mein liebster Leser (my dearest readers).
This award is accepted with humility as an honour for 1catholicsalmon as an up-and-coming blog with fewer than 200 readers. Having received this award from the Lonely Pilgrim, the acceptance of this award is truly an honour!! Spend some quality time reading informative and factual posts on Catholicism over the waters at the Lonely Pilgrim.
I am making the choice not to follow the rules to the letter on this one, (using a blogger’s licence here) and promise to return to these prerequisites, to answer them in future, for fear of boring 1catholicsalmon readers with further personal information after the prior posting of different award prerequisites today.
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on October 31, 2012
Thank you BILTRIX for nominating 1catholicsalmon for the ‘Very Inspiring Blog Award’. I admit to feeling a little nervous accepting this award, but also very satisfied that the powers that be at BILTRIX deem this blog to be inspirational. There is much value added to the receipt of the award simply because it’s been offered from a blog with authors who wear the white collar! Somehow there’s added meaning to it.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. (as my blog selection is not very wide, I will find this guideline difficult to fulfil, but I’ll do my best!)
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 things about myself:
- I want the experience of painting an Icon.
- I find small-talk difficult.
- I laugh at slap-stick comedy
- I hate hearing anyone crunch nearby.
- I enjoy debates and discussion
- I am forthright and honest
- I love Mediterranean food
The 1catholicsalmon nominations for the very inspiring blogger awards are:
- Steve Gershom @ http://www.stevegershom.com/ He’s Catholic, Gay, and feeling fine, thanks! An amazing blog that moves me every time I read it.
- Transformed in Christ @ http://transformedinchrist.wordpress.com/ a catechetical blog, with loads of useful information.
- iBenedictines @ http://www.ibenedictines.org/ This is a blog written by Benedictine nuns from Holy Trinity Monastery, formerly of East Hendred, now at Howton Grove Priory, U.K. They prefer to call themselves cloistered rather than enclosed because the word ‘enclosed’ may suggest a closed mind. They have a special interest in using contemporary technology to reach out to people who would never otherwise come to the monastery.
- The Philosopher Mom @ http://philosophermoms.blogspot.co.uk/ Gems can be unearthed at this blog.
- Aliens in this world@ http://suburbanbanshee.wordpress.com/ Inspirational posts galore!
- Happy Catholic@http://happycatholic.blogspot.co.uk/ Great.
- Salvation history@ http://www.salvationhistory.com/ Can’t be matched.
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on August 6, 2012
Reader Appreciation Award.
This evening I was happy to learn that 1catholicsalmon was nominated for this prestigious award — The Reader Appreciation Award — from super-blogger BILTRIX !
What a pleasant surprise and I see it as a real compliment, as I am really particular about the blogs that I read in-depth and in turn, take the time to comment on. BILTRIX is an informative, Spirit-filled blog with many inspirational and educational posts. It’s a blog that shares information on cultural apologetics for the New Evangilisation. Do make your way there sometime soon. Sincere thanks for your support and the sharing of this award BILTRIX.
Now the rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Add a picture of the award to your blog post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 5-10 other Bloggers and inform those selected that they have been nominated.
Now, in appreciation to all readers of 1catholicsalmon, I wish I could nominate you all.
I am going to include blogs in the following list that are ones that I comment on every now and then but read on a daily basis. The administrators of the blogs are the ones that read my blog and comment from time to time. To these bloggers I say, ‘Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.’
The nominees for the coveted Reader Appreciation Award are:
- The Foraging Squirrel - (Catholic Christian) Light, refreshing, different, creative.
- The Reluctant Road to Rome - (Catholic Christian) Detailed, concise, honest, sincere.
- Cristian Mihai - (Author)- Inspirational and interesting.
- Khamneithang - (Christian) An amazing way with words and imagery. Written by a single father. A must see.
- Public Catholic- Front line hot- off-the-press Catholic witness.
- Bucketlist publications-An exciting blog about travel, adventure, & new experiences.
To all of you who read this blog: THANK YOU ! (To the followers of 1catholicsalmon, please introduce yourselves.)
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on August 1, 2012
The title ‘Versatile Blogger’ can mean lots of different things to many people, but SR said about nominating 1catholicsalmon : ‘ This blog is something different and uplifting all the time…’ A lovely compliment, thank you! This accolade was given by a fellow blogger who is a well-acquainted friend of 1catholicsalmon : she can be found at this address. Spend some time peeking in at informative, friendly and down to earth Christian posts. Feels like you’re popping in for a chat and cup of tea, every time.
As a recipient of this award I now need to fulfil these criteria:
- List 7 things about myself
- Nominate blogs for this award myself.
- To inform the nominated bloggers that in order to achieve the status of ‘ VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD’, they have to fulfil the same criteria as I have.
Seven facts about a catholicsalmon:
- It’s a fish with determination.
- It’s on a mission to find out it’s purpose in life..
- It thinks creatively, in order to get where it’s meant to be.
- It is focussed and open to instruction, especially from older and more experienced swimmers.
- It swims against tides of dislike, open hostility and derision of it’s game plan in a secular society.
- It is faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- It looks to the Lord God for True North.
Blogsites that inspire and uplift me on a daily basis:
- http://joannabogle.blogspot.co.uk/ , and English journalist, broadcaster and faithful Catholic, who defends the Faith whole-heartedly, and who has any irons in the fire with regard to anything Catholic. Informative, honest, entertaining.
- http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.co.uk/ , the best Priestly Blog in Britain by far: informative, honest, educational. A must see.
- http://wdtprs.com/blog/, the best Priestly Blog in the world!!! If you want an education on detail, precision, facts – this is the place for you.
- http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead/, another Priestly Blog, a priest who is ‘real’, discusses real issues that face Catholics/Clergy, with a tongue-in-cheek approach, even using pseudo bloggers to get messages across.
- http://www.conversiondiary.com/, one of my very first Blogs I followed. Written by an atheist convert to Catholicism. Hugely entertaining and informative.
- http://www.stevegershom.com/, A Gay Catholic who is living a chaste life, sharing his struggle with same-sex attraction. Hugely informative and inspirational.
- http://godzdogz.op.org/, A Dominican students blog. Daily readings, enlightenment, Spirituality. Great.
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on June 15, 2012