I started work this week with a load of new responsibilities and have been working hard to settle in and get my head around things. I think I’m in for a productive and challenging year ahead. This week has left me with little time to visit my favourite blogs or to blog myself, but I did manage to take a peek at notifications when accessing my emails.
I received two lovely surprises:- This is the first!
Only today have I had an opportunity to savour this treat! What a lovely surprise! THANK YOU BILTRIX! I have been following and learning from BILTRIX for many months now. Do be tempted and take a look at BILTRIX – you’re sure to visit over and over again for another taste of the sweet friendship and excellent company available there.
As always, on acceptance of the award, questions are to be answered and the flame is carried on ……..
- Cookie or cake? Cookies or cake, but not too much of either. I prefer savoury to sweet.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? A scoop of each.
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Baklava
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Late afternoon.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Jelly Baby
The sweet flame of recognition is passed on to:
- Father Acervo’s Corner Brimming with all the goodness that the Faith can offer.
- Ascending Mount Carmel (almost typed ‘caramel’….) Take a bite of this chunky , solid Catholic teaching and opinion.
- A Solitary Bird thoughts on Carmelite spirituality and contemplative prayer
- Stages of Prayer Inspirational
- Catholic pure and simple Truly pure and simple
- 8 Kids and a business a place to relax and enjoy
My second lovely surprise is ……another award from the Champion-award-winning BILTRIX team!
I accept this award with a smile on my face and a warm glow in my heart, because of who passed this batten on to 1catholicsalmon. The team in this camp is well-trained, super-fit and share the best training tips in order to run the best race. BILTRIX ‘approaches cultural apologetics from a logical perspective, in order to bring truth and meaning to cultural discourse where issues are often blurred by the absurd.’
This award is a biggie for Salmon, because 1catholicsalmon came to life because of all the Salmon is thinking about and mulling over. An award that glows.
Here are the award rules:
- Post the award on your blog: CHECK
- Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog: CHECK
- Nominate 7-12 other bloggers you admire and enjoy! CHECK
- Share 7 things about yourself: CHECK
- Inform each person that you have nominated them: CHECK
- Fra Angelico Institute for the Sacred Arts ‘Evangelizing the truth, goodness, and beauty of God through the understanding and creation of sacred art.’ Soul food!
- Transformed in Christ is close to my heart. Sharing ‘some of the experiences of catechesis in our parish in light of the insight and wisdom of the Church’s vision for catechesis.’
- Secondsightblog.net ‘ A shared exploration of the relationship between science and faith.’
- Catholic Pure and Simple ‘For Catholics who love the Faith, for Christians who are well-disposed towards Catholicism, and for genuine enquirers.’
- Foraging Squirrel ‘Seeking, cracking and sharing — Soul Nuts • Health Nuts • Mixed Nuts —Delectables for the body and soul!’
- Reinkat Loves ‘the Lord, icons, my family, my church, dogs, hiking, camping, and the outdoors in general. I also enjoy reading novels, gardening, and eating chocolate ice cream.’
- Via Lucis Gorgeous photography of religious architecture.
- Truth and Tolerance A new one for 1catholicsalmon. Comes highly recommended by BILTRIX.
Seven things about 1catholicsalmon:
- Reading is an important daily luxury.
- Joined a Cell group meeting last night.
- Attends a vibrant and Spirit-filled parish, south of London
- Knows that the coming Year of Faith is going to be an exciting experience!
- Is saddened by the great divide between those who have and those who have not. It’s just not right.
- Seeks to be close to the Lord in Holy Communion daily.
- Wants to work for the Lord in any way He sees fit.