The Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ
- “In her voyage across the ocean of this world, the Church is like a great ship being pounded by the waves of life’s different stresses. Our duty is not to abandon ship but to keep her on her course.” St. Boniface
A witness to Hope.
Quote from Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman.“I sought to hear the voice of God And climbed the topmost steeple, But God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people."
Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman.
DisclaimerThe views posted on this blog are those of 1catholicsalmon, and not of any other organisation, peoples or person.
Compendium of the CATECHISM of the CATHOLIC CHURCH
Too busy to read the Catechism? Click Here!
The POPE app
The Holy Father, Francis I
pope Francis I
''When we encounter the Cross, we turn to Mary: Give us the strength, Mary our Mother, to accept and embrace the Cross!''
''We do not become Christians by ourselves. Faith is above all a gift from God which is given to us in and through the Church.''
Francisco I Coat of Arms
Franciscan quote of the day
The Source and Summit
Faith seeking understanding
OUR LADY OF WALSINGHAM
PRAYER FOR ENGLAND
We come to you, most holy Virgin. We are children of England, your dowry. Keep us faithful to the Gospel of Jesus your Son. Keep us in the unity of the Catholic faith and the power of hope.
Mother of love, protect all the families of England. Help them to stay together. Give them the happiness of loving and passing on life.
You are the Mother of Christ, our Saviour. Open our hearts to people who are suffering. May each of us offer signs of friendship and welcome to people who are less well off than us.
Faithful Virgin, help us in our lives. Help us to choose the way in life that Jesus wants us to follow. May we face the problems of life today, together with people of other Churches and religions.
You praised the great things done by the Lord. You sang about how God kept his promises to the people of Israel. We bless you because you believed in the Word of God and in his Love which lasts for ever and ever.
Our Lady of Walsingham, pray for us.
Ancient Christian Symbol
Virgin and Child with the Rosary
Pray the Rosary
Catholic internet Radio – England
Unique for a reason.
Southwark Diocesan PrayerGod our Loving Father, pour out on us afresh the gifts of your Holy Spirit. Open our ears to hear your Word, open our eyes to see your presence, open our minds to understand your Wisdom and open our hearts to be more available for your mission so that strengthened by your grace we can truly be a sign and instrument of your presence in our world today. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Bending your Ear
Top Posts & Pages
Blessed John Henry Newman…Pray for us.
- “From the age of fifteen, dogma has been the fundamental principle of my religion: I know no other religion; I cannot enter into the idea of any other sort of religion; religion, as a mere sentiment, is to me a dream and a mockery.” Blessed John Henry Newman.
1catholicsalmon swimming upstream
A Catholic eager to discuss the truth about Catholic Christianity.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
1Flesh.org BRING SEXY BACK!
- 9 Foods You Should Never Attempt to Eat articles.mercola.com/sites/articles… via @mercolapressed 2 days ago
- RT @Independent: Video: Parish meeting ends in exquisite chaos as fight breaks out over sheep ind.pn/1wmoapY http://t.co/2UMZCGew3Spressed 2 days ago
- RT @thetimes: Libby Lane is the first woman bishop in the Church of England's 480-year history thetim.es/1z1nIKt (Paul Rogers) http://…pressed 2 days ago
- A fish out of water. atheism and reletavism Awards Badge of Honour Bending your ear Books Chuckles Dressing the Altar Feasts and SEasons Intercession Making choices Message at Mass New Evangelisation Not to be missed. Prayer Prayer of the month Sacred Tradition secularism Spiritual warfare The facts The story of Salvation Tongue in Cheek... Year of Faith
All posts for the day July 24th, 2012
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on July 24, 2012
Posted by 1catholicsalmon on July 24, 2012